About Mayes DuBose, MD
As a Sumter County native, Dr. DuBose graduated from Wilson Hall and Clemson University before obtaining his medical degree from the University of South Carolina Schoool of Medicine. He completed his Family Medicine residency in Columbia, SC, serving as Chief Resident. He then comlpeted a Geriatric Fellowship at the University of Connecticut.
Dr. DuBose opened his Sumter based private practice in 2005. In 2019, he launched Sumter's first concierge medical practice. He is board-certified in both Family Medicine and Geriatric Medicine and is currently serving as President-Elect of the South Carolina Medical Association (SCMA).
Dr. DuBose's wife, Randa Carole, is also a Sumter County native. They have two sons who keep them busy and the house full of laughter, as well as a 100lb Golden Retreiver, Murphy, who considers himself a lapdog. When not at home, Dr. DuBose and his family love to spend their downtime at the beach and Clemson football games.
“Concierge medicine gives us time to restore what matters most. Sufficient time to discuss health is crucial, but also time to build relationships based on empathy, trust and compassion. It is my mission to provide this level of care to each and every patient.”
Certification & Licensure
- South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners
- South Carolina Controlled Substances and Federal DEA
- American Board of Family Practice Diplomat
- Initial certification - July 2003, Recertification – May 2013
- Geriatric Medicine Certificate of Added Qualification
- Initial certification - 2004, Recertification - 2015
- B.S., Biological Sciences, cum laude, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
August 1992-May 1996
- Doctorate of Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC
July 1996-May 2000
- Family Medicine Residency, Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital, Columbia, SC
July 2000-June 2003
- Geriatrics Fellowship, University of Connecticut Health Consortium, Farmington, CT
July 2003-June 2005
- Private Practice, Carolina Geriatric Specialists, LLC, August 2005 - present
- Board of Trustees, South Carolina Medical Association, 2013 - present